Hopping along the pond…
During today’s “Drop Everything and Read”, our bookshelves were filled with new texts featuring frogs. Some students found some spots near the frog tank while others decided to read to some of our stuffed frog friends.
Some of the new selections found on our featured bookshelf included:
- I Don’t Want to be a Frog by Dev Petty
- Plip-Plop Pond! by Kaaren Pixton
- Fabulous Frogs by Martin Jenkins
- Tale of a Tadpole by Karen Wallace
- Explore My World: Frogs by Marte Delano
- Growing Frogs by Vivian French
- Frogs by Gail Gibbons
- Froggy Goes to Camp by Jonathan London
- The Frog Alphabet Book by Jerry Pallotta
- Frog and Toad are Friends by Arnold Lobel
- Five Green and Speckled Frogs by Scholastic
- From Tadpole to Frog by Wendy Pfeffer
Once the reading time had ended, students gathered around the frogs’ tank to view their new growth.
The frogs’ tails have been getting shorter and shorter each day.
During STEAM time, students voted to learn more about the habit where Sparkle lived.